CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

O-KAY!

Well, I haven't posted here in QUITE a long time...and since there is PLENTY of funny stuff that STILL happens around here, I thought I better get my butt in gear and start telling ya'all some of these stories.

I figure I'll start with this one: "OK"

Flying from Juneau to Phoenix, we got on the 'milk-run' and stopped at nearly EVERY stop that Alaska Airlines goes to - we even flew on a Horizon plane that day for one of the legs of that long journey - something like 18 hours to get to Phoenix. . . rediculous!!!

Anyhow, we had a super-long trip (complicated by the fact that we were traveling with a cat) and after stops in Sitka, Ketchikan, Seattle & Portland ... we finally had a lay-over for a few hours, so we camped out at the gate at the Portland airport with our books/magazines and cat. It was pretty much just us at that gate. Quiet.

I wandered into the big, empty, echo-y bathroom ...... and ....... then I heard ...........

"OK"
Some lady came into the bathroom (I have no idea who said woman is, because I was happily hiding behind a stall door.)

Then again I heard, "OK" as the door NEXT TO ME opened.
"OK," she said again as the door closed..... and then......

"OK" Locking stall door
"OK" Purse on hook
"OK" Jacket on hook
"OK" Getting the potty protector paper out of its cardboard home on the wall
"OK" Putting the potty protector paper on the seat
"OK" (I'm guessing cause she got herself 'prepared' to sit)

and then she sat and said, "OK, OK, OK, OK, OK, OK, OK, OKAAAAY"

It was seriously all I could do not to laugh out-loud!

...the sound of tinkling started and ...... of course! she said, "OK"

I could NOT get out of there fast enough! I gathered my jacket and bag and darted to the sink to wash my hands when in the mirror in front of me I saw a reflection of the door behind me opening and heard "OK"

I ran out of the bathroom...

Mike said, what's wrong? Are you 'ok'? I said, "please don't ask me THAT!!! I am fine, but I am not OK."

ha ha ha - seriously for MONTHS after that, I was catching myself wanting to say "OK" but so far I have not become addicted to that word.

0 comments:

Vacation Slide Show